Please make sure that you’ve typed your email address correctly and that there are no special requirements to send you mail. If you don’t hear from me within a day of submitting the contact form, it’s probably because I am unable to contact you with the information that you supplied. Please try again after 24 hours have elapsed. NOTE: if you have a mail providor that requires me to jump through hoops to send you email (Earthlink users, this would be YOU), I will not respond. If you have an AOL mail address, note that often they don’t like my mail server. Please try to use something else for contact.
IMPORTANT! If you do not see a contact form below, it means we are so busy and have received so many contacts that we have exceeded our contact allowance for this month. Please check back on the first of the new month and the form will be restored. Thank you!
- I am currently not offering service on cassette decks, due to the unavailability of good quality belts.
- I don’t work on Walkmans, portables or car audio. If it uses (or can use) batteries, I’m not your guy. But you can join tapeheads.net and ask the community for help.
- I don’t repair all-in-one stereos, 60’s-style console (furniture) units or their components, anything with tubes in it, nor do I work on quad units or units that incorporate surround-sound. If it has more than two channels in it, I can’t help.
- Have a reel-to-reel deck? The best guy for those is Sam Palermo at Skywave. Contact him below.
- I cannot help with Tandberg or Revox parts, products or service information. See Marc and John below.
- I don’t wish to buy anything or trade for anything. The very last thing I need in the lab is more gear!
- I cannot provide you with technical support so that you can repair your own product. Wish I could!
Belts: I can no longer recommend any belt suppliers, due to quality issues with the belts and/or the vendors themselves.
Cassette Decks: Visit HighTech Service (website says carry-in only, but OK to ship) and Music Technology, both are excellent.
Studer/Revox products: contact Marc at: thetinman(at)sbcglobal.net. (substitute an ampersand for (at), of course)
Tandberg products: contact John at: packrat014(at)hotmail.com.
Open Reel/Reel-to-Reel tape deck repair and parts inquiries: contact Sam at Skywave.
Please note that John, Marc and Sam are all very busy, so they may not be able to offer help or service all of the time.